Reno 2016

Knight Twister Racing!

Reno 2016

Postby carl99kt » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:51 pm

Reno 2016 Wrap up Report

Reno 2016 is in the books. I finished 5th place in the Silver Races at 177.157 mph. Had another great year racing and really enjoy getting to know the other pilots better. Everyone was great and I appreciate the opportunity to fly with them and get some advise from the more experienced pilots.

I did get a sponsor while I was there and want to thank Pop's Leather for supporting me this year. If anyone is aware of a company or business that has a marketing plan that would be interested in sponsoring my plane, please let them or myself know. It is greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, six airplanes were damaged. One jet had a to make a belly landing due to an engine failure. A sport plane had a engine fire inflight and had to make an emergency landing. The plane burned up on the runway. One Formula One planes hit another Formula One during the start and one biplane unfortunately hit another biplane that landed ahead of him.

I am aware of some changes that the biplane class will introduce next year to prevent either the take off or landing incidents to happen again.

Voodoo ran away with the Unlimited Gold again. No real competition and really slowed his lap times to save the engine.

Want to thank Jill Robinson for being the ever supportive and encouraging wife. My oldest son, Justin Robinson for making the trip out to watch and be part of the team. My dad and brother, Bill Robinson, for coming and helping dad enjoy the race.

My crew, Bob Brown who helped me last year, and volunteered his services again this year. Jay Williamson, a long time friend whom I wanted to be on the team since day one. I have trusted Jay with a lot of the aircraft that I have flown and the Miniplane is no exception. Jeff Gardner, always with a big smile and willingness to help.

No promises, but making a big push for a Knight Twister to race in 2017. The hope and dream is still there.

I hope all is well with everyone. Hopefully I will have more exciting news in months to follow.

Carl

I attached some pictures from Reno.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (121.93 KiB) Viewed 120 times

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (117.74 KiB) Viewed 120 times

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (35.76 KiB) Viewed 120 times

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (32.22 KiB) Viewed 120 times

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (88.79 KiB) Viewed 120 times

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (81.7 KiB) Viewed 118 times
carl99kt
Site Admin

Re: Reno 2016

Postby Raceair » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:06 am

All great pictures, Carl....Good Job.
Raceair

Re: Reno 2016

Postby Will V » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:30 am

Carl,
Great effort. Twister in 2017? You are going to be busy! We are all pulling for you! Make it happen!

Will
Will V

Return to At the Races