Across the pond

Tell us a little about yourself and your interests.

Across the pond

Postby Dickinson » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:47 pm

Good Day Everyone

My name is Phil Dickinson and I am from the UK , I live in the Bowland forest , in a small village called Slaidburn ,near to Gisburn (famous for Guy of Gisburn in the Robin Hood story)
I am relatively new to flying only going solo some 5 years ago , and have decided that I need to build a biplane and more specifically a Kight Twister Imperial , I am an engineer by trade working initially for Chevron racing here in the UK then Alfa Romeo I am currently the senior engineer for a large trucking company , so am used to working with space frames and later carbon fibre , so some similarities .My problem I believe is going to be being here in the UK , so will need the help from I believe a lot of people on the forum Hope thats is OK ??? . Both from a technical point of view and sourcing parts , I did consider a complete aircraft , but the price of shipping was high and unless I came out to the USA I wouldnt know if it was suitable .Is there anyone else on the forum building a Twister in the UK ???? . I would like to thank Carl for letting me on the site , and all of you in anticipation of any help you can give me over the next year or so . Take care everyone Phil
Dickinson

Re: Across the pond

Postby carl99kt » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:55 pm

Phil,

I sincerely apologize for such a long delay. I saw your post a long time ago and thought I approved you and your post. I did not see that it wasn't.

We all were relatively new to flying at one point in our lives. Sounds like you have a lot in common with other members of the forum.

Welcome, everyone hear has a great deal of knowledge and expertise. I am sure you could share some of your own. I am not aware of anyone in the U.K. That is building a Knight Twister. Steen Aero Lab may be a good place to ask and see if they are aware of any builders there.

Thank you again for joing the group and look forward to hearing from you.

Carl
carl99kt
Site Admin

Postby Raceair » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:51 pm

This last post was one year ago today…..Anybody hear anything more from this man?…….Ed
Raceair

Postby carl99kt » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:31 pm

I haven't heard from him.

Carl
carl99kt
Site Admin

Postby Dickinson » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:05 am

Good Morning Were has the last 4 years gone , work had taken over the aircraft build, however I have now stopped my working away and am working near home now, I did purchase a lot of parts for the build when I wrote my original message , not much change but 4 years older . I hope I can call on my original request from the members to assist me , does anyone on the site have any parts that could assist or point me in the right direction for alternative parts I can use e.g undercarriage, wheels , cowl ,spinner . Thank you for reading and once again apologies for the time lapse
Phil
Dickinson

Postby chris mc » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:59 pm

Hi Phil,
The Biplane Forum is where everyone has gone. The KT Forum is unmoderated and unmonitored. You can see my rebuild going together there. Many of your questions will be answered looking there.
Chris...
chris mc

Return to Introduce Yourself