Knight Twister Co-Ed for sale

List your Knight Twister - related items

Knight Twister Co-Ed for sale

Postby carl99kt » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:46 pm

I am posting this for Henry Nickel. His Coed is still for sale. The wings are at my home airport.

"Knight Twister Coed (2 place) for sale. Includes plans. 80% built ( by Vernon Payne). Stored for thirty years. Needs engine, engine mount, covering, cockpit instruments, canopy and cowling. All for $3,500. Will consider partner or trades. Call Carl Robinson at 951-505-3893".

Henry is moving to a town close to me because he has family here. He is in the process of changing his phone number to a local number and asked me to take any phone calls or messages and forward them to him.
carl99kt
Site Admin

Re: Knight Twister Co-Ed for sale

Postby Raceair » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:42 am

Hi Carl, That sounds like a pretty fair deal. David, You ought to buy it.…... Heres a chance for you to save a ton of work!….Even if you do have to build new wings………Ed
Raceair

Postby carl99kt » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:35 pm

Ed, I agree. Looking back at the pictures, you would get the fuselage, horizontal, elevator and the lower wings. I don't remember, but looking at the pictures, all the wood looks good.

Carl
carl99kt
Site Admin

Postby chris mc » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:09 pm

Hi Carl,
Happy Thanksgiving, I'll give you a call after the weekend. I'm on a trip .
Chris...
chris mc

Postby carl99kt » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:38 pm

Chris,

O.K, I owe you a call. Happy Thanksgiving.

Carl
carl99kt
Site Admin

Postby edpayne » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:01 pm

Sounds like a bargain Don. Think you could help me finish it. Joyce said I could buy it if I wanted. :lol:
edpayne

Postby Raceair » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:09 pm

Ed….It is a bargain, only problem, it is in California…….Transportation costs are way big these days. I recently bought a Mong Re-build project in Colorado….A $1,500.00 project that cost $1,600 to bring home to South Carolina..…….Ed
Raceair

Postby edpayne » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:56 pm

Yes Ed, that w be a problem but if Don wold agree to helpay me finish it, check me out with a little dual it might be worth it. :wink:
edpayne

Postby Raceair » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:05 pm

I just went and re-read all the discussion we had about this 'Kingman Co-Ed', and I think we all at that time came to the agreement that he originally wanted too much for the project…,(15 K. then 10 K, then the price kept dropping.) The wings were probably just wall art, as the Splices were deemed unairworthy by many of us….
Well, if the fuselage welding is decent, It is worth buying for the new price. I see in the pictures that it comes with the spring gear, wheels/axles, etc. Lots of work has been done on the fuselage, I think $3,500.00 is a fair price for what is good there…Even if you threw away all the wood, OR, possibly made the wings wire braced, and we talked about the plusses and minuses of doing that, too……We need somebody in our group to rescue this project….....Ed
Raceair

Postby carl99kt » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:24 pm

Ed, I agree with you. There is a lot there. Henry really would like to find someone who is really interested in finishing the plane. I am sure he would work with anyone to make it happen.
carl99kt
Site Admin

Postby Raceair » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:52 pm

Carl, Yes,….. it needs rescued!! Unfortunately, I believe David's priorities must have shifted, as he is not as involved here as he was. This project would have been perfect for him….It would be a jump start…and much less overwhelming than starting from scratch...If he is not reading these words, he has no way of knowing the latest news. Can you contact him via e-mail?…I certainly can't take on another project, I already have a KT on the west coast that will cost a fortune to ship here…...Ed
Raceair

Postby GoldenAge » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:45 pm

Hi Guys,

I just stumbled on this interesting thread. What a blast from the past. I am remembering how much sleep I lost over this topic....way back then.
I remember twice, after having made a phone deal to go look at it and possibly pick it up, and arranging a truck etc....it going back on ebay and everything was cancelled.
I also remember..... in attempt to moving on, past my frustrations, and finally ordering the box of tubing that is still sitting in my shop waiting for me to make it look like an airplane.
I always worried for anyone would have ended up with it possibly not knowing its issues. So now Carl is the babysitter of this enigma.
I'm going to have to let this sink in for a bit.....

In the meantime....what a year. I am leaving on Monday for my forth trip to China this year. Maybe two more trips in January. The good news is that the project I've been burdened or distracted with is really supposed to be finished Feb-March time frame.

Sad news is my Mom passed away the Sunday before Thanksgiving. Poor sweet lady finally got the peace she desired for a long time. I will miss her and at the same time I realize the time I spent caring for her and being so close to her these last years was priceless. She is happy to be with the rest of her family and my Dad who she missed so much since his passing.

I guess what I'm saying is the excuses I have been using (Mom care and work) are soon not going to be valid. I better get busy thinking about airplanes again. This is why I find this thread so disturbing and exciting at the same time.

David
GoldenAge

Postby Raceair » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:29 am

David, So sorry to hear about your mom's passing, I think back about when my mom left this earth, and I understand. Also, I can understand the statement of the thread being disturbing and exciting at the same time….
Remember, this is HOBBY…. I have had a downturn in business this year, and hobby spending has been zero. But, I still have the passion and dream that 'someday soon' I will be able to work on one of the hobby airframes that are patiently waiting for me. There is a reason for everything. This project has a lot going for it, even if you discard half of it. The tubing you bought could be sold off, f you bought the project. New tubing is marketable.
There's probably many more reasons to go ahead and buy this project than there is not. There's still more than 51% of the job to do…. The dealings of the past that you had with this project and its owner are water over the dam. If you owned it, the past 'dealings and feelings' can be washed away, as you take on this project at face value for what it is, and what it is 'not'….
Good luck with your decision….Ed
Raceair

Return to For Sale